Saturday, 24 October 2009

Revised Script Ahoy!

I've spent every morning this week working on reducing the script down from 15 pages towards 10, but it's been tough going. I still have two pages to go, and that will mean dropping a lot of good stuff. I'm far too attached to my dialogue.

In the meantime I have a couple of writer friends both taking a look at reducing the script, and one of them has just sent me his draft. It's really pared back, and loses some of my favourite lines of dialogue, but its 10 pages, and he came up with some really great ideas, including altering the opening sequence (which has no dialogue) to have the dialogue from the next scen playing as voiceover, so an entire page worth of dialogue is condensed without losing any of the mood setting opening montage.

Great stuff.

I'm really excited about the way the script is coming together, it's been so long since I have really been working to something I can actually make, too many feature script projects have kept me busy despite being too ambitious to actually shoot on a shoestring budget.

So, this project continues to gather momentum. This weekend I have to shoot at least a couple of stills out in the street as a VFX test for the flash-cut footage. This is something I have been planning to do for the past couple of weeks, but now I have set a deadline for the middle of next week, and I will need to get moving if i'm going to hit the date.

I will be using After Effects to comp in the high-production cost elements, such as bullet damaged windows and multiple police cars. I want to have the flash-cut sequences really heavily stylised, with short depth of field and rack focus effects, but I plan to add these in post.

So first port of call, is to take a few still images out in the street. Then comes the hard work of making the rack focus effect actually work.

No comments:

Post a Comment